Multiplatform, multiprotocol, plugin-based instant messanger with (GTK2 GUI || console UI)!
EKG2 is OpenSource IM application for Unix systems (Linux, *BSD, SunOS, Solaris, MacOS, X, BeOS) available under the terms of GPL.
EKG2 is plugin-based, because of this it can support many diffrent protocols. It can also support different GUIs! Below is a list of available plugins.
- Jabber - (XMPP, gtalk and Tlen support),
- GG (gadu-gadu) - (using libgadu, the most popular polish IM protocol),
- IRC - (mostly IRCnet oriented),
- GTK2 - under development,
- ncurses - primary ekg2 ui, console
- logs - multi plugin, that allows logging in irssi like format, xml, simple and raw,
- logsqlite - logging in sqlite db file,
- logsoracle - logging in oracle db
Script languages bindings: Python , Perl , Ruby (under development)
Other superb plugins:
- dbus - basic dbus support (allows you creating superb now-playing ;) !),
- sim (using openssl) & gpg & rot ;) - these plugins allow encrypting supported protocols,
- xosd - on screen display,
- rc & httprc_xajax - rc plugins allows remote control over ekg2,
- xmsg - simple messaging through filesystem (e.g. notifications from other apps),
- jogger - allows to manipulate JoggerBot via ekg2,
- mail - checking local maildir/mailbox for new messages,
- sms - sms sending,
- sniff - built-in sniffer for analyzing protocols
There are also few others not mentioned here!